aries-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: Welcome our newest committers....
Date Tue, 27 May 2014 05:56:20 GMT
Hi Stuart,

correct, (actually, it's what I thought ;)).

Regards
JB

On 05/26/2014 01:09 PM, Stuart McCulloch wrote:
> On 26 May 2014, at 10:04, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb@nanthrax.net> wrote:
>
>> Thanks all guys,
>>
>> I would like to commit some stuff today, but I would like your approval/feedback:
>>
>> - ARIES-1006: I refactored the parent to use Java7 and OSGi 4.3.0 by default. I don't
think it makes sense to still maintain Java5 (as it's EOL). The current patch that I provided
upgrade and compile with Java7, but use OSGi 4.2.0. I'm working on a new patch adding OSGi
4.3.0 support by default. Any objection ?

built with a target of “jsr14” which Java7 doesn’t recognise: https://mail.osgi.org/pipermail/osgi-dev/2011-August/003223.html

>> - ARIES-1177: upgrade to Apache POM 14 and upgrade some dependencies.
>> - ARIES-1047: I've updated Aries JPA to support JPA 2.1 using geronimo-jpa_2.1 spec.
Unfortunately, geronimo-jpa_2.1 has not been released and it's only available as a SNAPSHOT
for now. I asked to Guillaume if he can make a release, and he said, he will. So I will commit
as soon as geronimo-jpa_2.1 is on central.
>> - ARIES-1180, ARIES-1179: I have a set of patches ready to upgrade to ASM 5.0.2 and
support Java8, especially in Proxy and SpiFly.

>> Any objection ?
>>
>> By the way, on Jira, I'm not able to assign Jira to myself, or change Jira. Can you
give the permission for that please ?

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org