aries-dev mailing list archives

From Giuseppe Gerla <giuseppe.ge...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Welcome our newest committers....
Date Mon, 26 May 2014 12:54:13 GMT
Hi JB
I make a diff between your commit and my commit.
A general consideration to make is that in all pom files in the
import-package section the javax.persistence version should
be "[1.0.0,2.2.0)" and not "[1.0.0,3.0.0)".

By code point of view I see following main difference:

- In JTAEntityManager.java you force the isJoinedToTransaction methid to
return true. From my point of view is more correct following code

EntityManager em = getPersistenceContext(false);
    try {
      return em.isJoinedToTransaction();
    } finally {
      if(em == detachedManager)
        em.clear();
    }

- In ManagedPersistenceContextFactory.java you have implemented last five
methods in the file to force return null. I think is better to throw
UnsupportedOperationException

- In EclipseLinkProviderService.java you don't override and implement
public void generateSchema(PersistenceUnitInfo arg0, Map arg1);
public boolean generateSchema(String arg0, Map arg1);

- In the pom of jpa-container-eclipselink-adapter bundle the version of
Eclipselink is 2.1.0 but to support JPA 2.1 you have to use >= 2.5.0
(related to previous point)

- In the pom of jpa-container-testbundle-eclipselink bundle the version of
Eclipselink is 2.1.0 but to support JPA 2.1 you have to use >= 2.5.0
(related to previous point)

- In all itest bundle it is important to update the pax-exam configuration
to use geronimo-jpa_2.1_spec if you want to test new implementation

- In all itest bundle it is important to update the openjpa version to
2.2.2 and update pax-exam configuration to use this version of openjpa (we
are waiting openjpa 2.4 to support JPA 2.1)

- In the pom of jpa-container-itest bundle you can update
the org.apache.aries.blueprint.core version to 1.4.0

- In the pom of jpa-container-itest bundle you can update all aries bundle
version dependency

I hope that my explanation was clear and can help you.

Regards
Giuseppe