aries-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: current aries build issues
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2014 20:56:34 GMT
I tested my changes for the pax exam upgrade and had it compile fine on
my system using java 6. Jenkins was still red at this time but I think
it was not directly related to the
pax exam changes. The build errors looked like a jenkins problem.

I was not able to work a lot on the aries build this week. I just did
some builds and notified JB of the results. I will work on it next week
though.
I am planning to help get the build fully working again if it is not
already the case then and fix some aries jpa issues I encountered at a
customer this week.

Christian

Am 05.06.2014 19:14, schrieb Daniel Kulp:
> On Jun 5, 2014, at 12:22 PM, Samuel E Bratton <sbratton@us.ibm.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> The Aries builds have been red for about the last 5 days. It looks like a
>> couple of different people have been working on fixing it. Is this a
>> coordinated effort? Are there a particular set of JIRAs where this is
>> going on and can be followed?
>  From what I can tell, there are (at least) three efforts around the builds:
>
> 1) Update to support Maven 3.1/3.2 - I’m primarily working on this.  Mostly just trying
to get things to compile/build with the newer Maven versions.  Haven’t really targeted any
tests yet.

> 2) Update to support Java 8 - this is kind of two parts:  (a) build with java 8,  and
(b) tests run with java8.   I believe JB is working on this.

> 3) Update to newer versions of Pax-exam - the version we were using is very ancient.
 We’re trying to get up to a more modern version.   Christian has been working on this a
bit.

> Some of the instability right now I *think* is related to #2.   Getting everything updated
to use the new ASM and not have various conflicts and such is taking bit of time.  Any help
getting tests to pass again would be great.

--

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect