aries-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: current aries build issues
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2014 17:14:09 GMT

On Jun 5, 2014, at 12:22 PM, Samuel E Bratton <sbratton@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The Aries builds have been red for about the last 5 days. It looks like a
> couple of different people have been working on fixing it. Is this a
> coordinated effort? Are there a particular set of JIRAs where this is
> going on and can be followed?

From what I can tell, there are (at least) three efforts around the builds:

1) Update to support Maven 3.1/3.2 - I’m primarily working on this.  Mostly just trying
to get things to compile/build with the newer Maven versions.  Haven’t really targeted any
tests yet.

2) Update to support Java 8 - this is kind of two parts:  (a) build with java 8,  and (b)
tests run with java8.   I believe JB is working on this.

3) Update to newer versions of Pax-exam - the version we were using is very ancient.  We’re
trying to get up to a more modern version.   Christian has been working on this a bit.

Some of the instability right now I *think* is related to #2.   Getting everything updated
to use the new ASM and not have various conflicts and such is taking bit of time.  Any help
getting tests to pass again would be great.

--
Daniel Kulp