aries-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: Do we really need Quiesce support?
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2015 10:55:41 GMT
I understand the need to clean up but the OSGi BundleTracker should
already provide all that.
We even already track these events in aries jpa.
See
http://www.osgi.org/javadoc/r4v42/org/osgi/util/tracker/BundleTracker.html

So when a bundle is stopped or uninstalled then aries jpa can already
clean up without the Quiesce API.
Interestingly in apache karaf we do not use the Quiesce API.

Can you describe what happens when we just uninstall a persisence unit
bundle? Will the resources then not be cleaned up correctly?

Btw. One of our customers is facing this issue
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARIES-1270
Is this one of these problematic cases or is it just a bug that we can
fix independently of the Quiesce API? The issue seems to be related to
the jpa.container module as
it is independent of jpa.container.context. Unfortunately I was not able
to find the root cause of it.

Christian

--
Christian Schneider