aries-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: Prototype for a new aries jpa impl
Date Thu, 02 Apr 2015 19:26:31 GMT
Hi Giuseppe,

the main thing missing is the more advanced transaction handling.
Currently for blueprint the transaction starts at the outermost place
where an EntityManager or EmSupplier is injected.
So it is as if you would use a @Transactional with Required type on each
such class.

Apart from that you should already be able to write jpa applications
with the current code.

Currently only the persistence.xml is regarded for creating the
EntityManagerFactory. While you can add properties to the
@PersistenceContext annotation they are not used.
Honestly I do not understand anyway how you would handle such
properties. You could have different properties at every
@PersistenceContext for the same unit name. As we are only creating the
EntityManager at the outermost call the other properties can not be
applied. Can you explain what use case you have in mind for the properties?

Christian