aries-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: Prototype for a new aries jpa impl
Date Sat, 04 Apr 2015 08:24:30 GMT
Hi Guiseppe,

I see your point. The problem though is that the EntityManagerFactory is
created when the persistence.xml is read. At that point the
EntityManagerFactory service is created.
So the aries jpa xml or @PersistenceContext properties can only
influence the creation of the EntityManager. So for you case this would
not work.

My proposal to use config admin would work though. Imagine we have a
ManagedServiceFactory that reacts on configs like
etc/org.apache.aries.jpa-*.cfg. In the config you set the persistence
unit name and the properties you want to override. These properties
would be read when creating the EntityManagerFactory. So this would
allow you to even override the persistenceProvider.

Christian