aries-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: [Discuss] Chronicle Queue transport for Aries rsa (licensing)
Date Fri, 25 Mar 2016 08:05:25 GMT
As far as I understand it a downstream project would be able to use
chronicle under apache license if it is open source itself.
So it would create problems when integrating Aries rsa into a commercial
product.

I talked to Dan Kulp yesterday and he said that this is a field of use
restriction that is not allowed at apache. Is that correct?
If yes we would have to decline and ask Peter if they are willing to
switch back to Apache License completely. Another possible solution
brought up by Dan was that they could choose a suitable category b
license if they want to exercise more control over their software while
allowing apache use.

Christian

--
Christian Schneider