aries-dev mailing list archives

From "Thomas Watson" <tjwat...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Build failure in tx-control-provider-jpa-local
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2016 13:42:14 GMT
Is there no way to have projects built with project specific VMs?  I know
we do this in the Eclipse projects.

Tom

From:   Christian Schneider <chris@die-schneider.net>
To:     dev@aries.apache.org
Cc:     Timothy Ward <tim.ward@paremus.com>
Date:   04/07/2016 07:23 AM
Subject:        Build failure in tx-control-provider-jpa-local
Sent by:        Christian Schneider <cschneider111@gmail.com>

Currently our main jenkins build for Aries (Aries-Trunk-JDK17) fails at
tx-control-provider-jpa-local.
The reason is that this project requires Java 8 while our build is done
using Java 7.

Error:
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.1:compile
(default-compile) on project tx-control-provider-jpa-local: Fatal error
compiling: invalid target release: 1.8 -> [Help 1]
So we have two options:

1. Switch the build to use JDK 8.
The problem is that we then can not be sure the other projects always
build using jdk 7.

2. Exclude this project from the main build

WDYT?

Christian

--
Christian Schneider