aries-dev mailing list archives

From Timothy Ward <tim.w...@paremus.com>
Subject Re: Build failure in tx-control-provider-jpa-local
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2016 12:29:48 GMT
That was an IDE “helpful” autocomplete addition - the module is supposed to be part of
the same block that’s above it.

There’s no good reason to force the whole of Aries to build using Java 8, but the Transaction
Control RFC is based around Java 8 as a base platform. Therefore  all of the tx-control modules
are supposed to be built in a profile that requires Java 8. This seemed like the sensible
approach (i.e. tx-control is skipped when not building with JDK 8).

I will just move the module declaration to the place that it’s supposed to be.

Regards,

Tim

> On 7 Apr 2016, at 13:22, Christian Schneider <chris@die-schneider.net> wrote:
>
> Currently our main jenkins build for Aries (Aries-Trunk-JDK17) fails at tx-control-provider-jpa-local.
> The reason is that this project requires Java 8 while our build is done using Java 7.
>
> Error:
> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.1:compile
(default-compile) on project tx-control-provider-jpa-local: Fatal error compiling: invalid
target release: 1.8 -> [Help 1]