aries-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Aries Transaction Control 0.0.1 (first release)
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2016 19:58:18 GMT
+1

Regards
JB

On 06/16/2016 01:20 PM, Timothy Ward wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> As I’m sure you’ve seen from list traffic over the last few months I’ve been working
on an implementation of OSGi RFC 221 in Aries. The project provides implementations of both
local and XA transactions, as well as resource providers for JDBC and JPA. The latter resource
provider makes use of the Aries JPA container 2.4.0 release.

> There has been quite a bit of user interest in the project, and there is even an OSGi
enRoute example being developed using Aries Transaction Control. Because of this It feels
to be the right time for a 0.0.1 release. This will let people kick the tyres a little harder,
and hopefully provide a good point for collecting further user feedback.

> Obviously the OSGi API being implemented by these components is not final. To ensure
that this doesn’t case a problem I have done two things. Firstly, the projects are being
released at a 0.0.x version, secondly, the OSGi API packages are being exported with a mandatory
attribute of api.status=aries.prerelease. This forces users to opt-in to using the API. Obviously
the attribute will be removed once the OSGi API is finalised.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org