aries-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject [blueprint] Proposal to deprecate the old blueprint annotations
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2017 11:26:52 GMT
In Aries blueprint we have some custom annotations that can be used
instead of the xml configs.
As far as I know these annotations are rarely used. In fact I do not
know anyone using them in production. I also have not seen any questions
about them recently.

As a replacement there is the blueprint-maven-plugin. It support
standard JEE annotations as well as spring annotations and creates
blueprint xml from annotations at build time.
Dominik has put quite some effort into this annotations support recently
and I know they are used by quite a few people in production. Since the
newest release there is even support for extensions. So users can now
define their own custom annotations and map them to xml.

So I think we could safely deprecate the old annotations and remove them
from the current trunk.

What do you think?

Christian

--