aries-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Nodet <gno...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Use release per subproject for blueprint
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2017 08:45:38 GMT
IIRC, initially, we had a single bundle.
It has been split at some point between api + parser + extender + cm.  I
understand the split of the api, in case we want to support updating the
implementation bundle without having to refresh everything (though, given
the application is recreated fully anyway, I'm not sure it's really worth
it...).  I think the parser has been extracted because it was used in some
tooling.

The problem is that if we get back to a smaller number of bundles, we'll
have to use optional imports everywhere (spring, web, ...)

Is this really a big issue ? I've been doing a lot of the recent blueprint
core / cm / spring / web releases, and it was usually only one or two
bundles affected, so doing a full release is not necessarily a big win (if
it actually is).

--
Guillaume Nodet

Email: gnodet@redhat.com