aries-dev mailing list archives

From Timothy Ward <timothyjw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] New pax project 'transx'
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2017 10:56:52 GMT
Hi Christian

The Transaction Control API has no OSGi framework dependency, so a Java SE mode of operation
would be possible (just like Aries blueprint no osgi). Possibly something worth exploring?

Tim

Sent from my iPhone

> On 20 Jun 2017, at 11:35, Christian Schneider <chris@die-schneider.net> wrote:
>
> Aries transaction control has a lot of good parts. Unfortunately though it is an all
or nothing solution.
> It works well if you directly depend on Aries transaction control in your user code.
Unfortunately this makes the code OSGi only. So this is not an option for many projects like
CXF or Camel.

> The benefit of pax-jdbc-config and pax-jdbc-pool* ist that it provides a XA ready DataSource
that can be leveraged by code that is OSGi agnostic.

> So I think there is a need for the same in the JMS space. So why not focus on jms only
and call the project pax-jms? In fact there already is such a project that we could build
on and extend for XA features.

> Christian
>

>> On 16.06.2017 11:29, Timothy Ward wrote:
>> The Transaction Control project in Aries does have a pretty complete overlap with
what’s being proposed here. There are already resource providers for JPA and JDBC which
provide connection pooling, resource local transactions and XA transactions. It would be great
to get some input into a JMS resource provider to extend the set of supported resource types.

>> The Aries TX control code already includes a base resource project for adding Resource
providers which should help to ensure correct lifecycle management - I’d be happy to talk
through that code in more detail. Contributing JMS support should therefore be a (relatively)
simple process of providing the necessary JMS customisation much like with JDBC.

>> Happy to help,
>>
>> Tim
>>

>>> On 16 Jun 2017, at 10:20, Grzegorz Grzybek <gr.grzybek@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> +1