aries-dev mailing list archives

From Raymond Auge <raymond.a...@liferay.com>
Subject Re: Aries Spec Jars
Date Thu, 21 Dec 2017 18:00:53 GMT
RE: geronimo

The geronimo ones were good in large part, but they aren't complete and
often no up to date and we couldn't afford to wait for someone to clean
room the updates we needed.

On Thu, Dec 21, 2017 at 12:43 PM, Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org> wrote:

> Can I ask why the spec/api bundles that are provided by ServiceMix are not
> usable?   Could the ServiceMix api bundles be updated to make them usable?

Most of the ServiceMix jars violate the terms of the original license of
the specification artifacts they touch. They also violate the Apache
guidelines for repackaging such artifacts.

I personally didn't have the stomach to repair the ones we needed in that
project so opted to fix them in Aries.

If we could get them fixed then that might be a solution.

- Ray

 (@rotty3000)
 (@Liferay)