aries-dev mailing list archives

From Timothy Ward <timothyjw...@hotmail.com>
Subject Moving Transaction Control into Git
Date Mon, 18 Dec 2017 12:03:03 GMT
Hi all,

The Aries Transaction Control implementation has quite a few pieces, and is already substantially
separated from the rest of the Aries build. This is for two main reasons:

  1.  The Transaction Control implementation makes heavy use of Java 8, which is much newer
than required by the rest of Aries
  2.  The Transaction Control project has been implemented using maven plugins from the bnd
team, not Felix, so the parent pom is more or less totally separate from the rest of the Aries
build

Given the existing separation, and the general goodness of git (as compared to svn) I would
like to move Aries Transaction Control into its own Git repo. This has already been done for
Aries RSA, Aries JPA and Aries JAX-RS whiteboard, and I was just going to go ahead with it,
but I then realised that I should probably sound out the rest of Aries dev, even if it’s
just a check that nobody else is actively working on it at the moment!

The proposed git repository name would be aries-tx-control.git (to fit in line with other
Aries projects in git).

Tim