aries-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: Moving Transaction Control into Git
Date Mon, 18 Dec 2017 12:09:14 GMT
+1

It makes sense.

Regards
JB

On 12/18/2017 01:03 PM, Timothy Ward wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The Aries Transaction Control implementation has quite a few pieces, and is already substantially
separated from the rest of the Aries build. This is for two main reasons:

>    1.  The Transaction Control implementation makes heavy use of Java 8, which is much
newer than required by the rest of Aries
>    2.  The Transaction Control project has been implemented using maven plugins from
the bnd team, not Felix, so the parent pom is more or less totally separate from the rest
of the Aries build

> Given the existing separation, and the general goodness of git (as compared to svn) I
would like to move Aries Transaction Control into its own Git repo. This has already been
done for Aries RSA, Aries JPA and Aries JAX-RS whiteboard, and I was just going to go ahead
with it, but I then realised that I should probably sound out the rest of Aries dev, even
if it’s just a check that nobody else is actively working on it at the moment!

> The proposed git repository name would be aries-tx-control.git (to fit in line with other
Aries projects in git).

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org