aries-dev mailing list archives

From Timothy Ward <timothyjw...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] Release Aries JPA 2.7.0
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2018 10:48:18 GMT
As discussed in an earlier mail thread, Aries JPA will be the reference implementation for
the JPA Service 1.1 from OSGi R7. This requires a release of the Aries JPA container, but
the whole project has moved to Git and started using the OSGi contract namespace since its
previous release. I’ve therefore staged a release candidate for the whole Aries JPA project.
The module is staged and tagged in https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=aries-jpa.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/2.7.0.

Instructions for verifying the release are at http://aries.apache.org/development/verifyingrelease.html.
Alternately, cut and paste the following to run a full check:

wget --no-check-certificate https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/aries/scripts/verify_staged_release.sh
chmod a+x verify_staged_release.sh
./verify_staged_release.sh 1125 mytempdirectory 2>&1 | tee verifyresults.txt
grep FAIL verifyresults.txt
grep ERROR verifyresults.txt

Artifacts are in one staged repo, https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachearies-1125/.
The main source zip file for is available at https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachearies-1125/org/apache/aries/jpa/org.apache.aries.jpa.main/2.7.0/org.apache.aries.jpa.main-2.7.0-source-release.zip.

The RAT and IANAL build checks flag errors in the README.md and .gitignore files, but I could
see no issues in actual sources or resources.

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours, but as that takes us into a weekend I will leave
it open until at least midday UTC on Monday 30th. [ ] +1 [ ] 0 [ ] -1