aries-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Goals, Requirements and API for journaled events
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2019 16:07:37 GMT
I did a few changes to the API. Most were discussed already.
The one I added was to move Position out of Message as only received
messages have a position.

Would be happy about feedback. See:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=aries-journaled-events.git;a=commitdiff;h=f5a98ce

I also pushed an in memory implementation and some tests to validate the
API. Maybe we can even use the tests to validate other implementations.

Christian

Am Mo., 31. Dez. 2018 um 09:51 Uhr schrieb Christian Schneider <
chris@die-schneider.net>:

> I have added some goals and requirements for the journaled events.
> https://github.com/apache/aries-journaled-events/blob/master/Readme.md
>
> These are currently just ideas and are open for discussion. One key
> discussion point is if we limit ourself to just one partition in kafka
> terminology.
> Unlike kafka the API is also just pure pub/sub.
>
> An initial API can be found at:
>
> https://github.com/apache/aries-journaled-events/tree/master/org.apache.aries.events.api/src/main/java/org/apache/aries/events/api
>
> I am not sure if the API really works as it is not yet real life tested.
> When looking at the API be aware that currently the goal is to not support
> sharding (partitions).
>
> Cheers,
> Christian

> Christian Schneider