aries-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: Journaled events MongoDB implementation
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2019 09:15:00 GMT
Hi Alexei,

welcome at Aries. I am very interested in a mongo based implementation. It
suits very well the Adobe experience manager deployments as we already use
mongo db for the AEM repository. So doing the journal via mongo allows to
deploy with less moving parts than e.g. apache kafka.

Please provide code changes in form of Pull Requests. Unfortunately I still
do not have a PR build running on jenkins. So we do not yet have automated
checks there. I can review the PRs.

For any larger changes it is also a good idea to create a jira issue. For
the mongo based implementation I created
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARIES-1881. You can refer to it in
commits like "ARIES-1881 - your commit message". This allows to see the
commits linked in the jira issue.

Cheers

Christian

Am Fr., 4. Jan. 2019 um 22:40 Uhr schrieb Alexei Krainiouk
<akrainio@adobe.com.invalid>:

> Hi
>
> I would like to offer to contribute MongoDB based implementation to event
> journal sub project [1]
>
> A bit of myself:
>
> My name is Alexei Krainiouk and I’ve been developer at Adobe for over 10
> years, based in San Francisco, Bay Area.
>
> Recently I joined the team that works on cloud development of Adobe
> Experience Manager. Currently working together with Timothee Maret and
> Christian Schneider on AEM content publishing.
>
> As Timothee described earlier in this forum we have Kafka based
> implementation of content publishing that he already offered to contribute.
> I am working on the MongoDB implementation and it would make sense to have
> it as an alternative back end for journaled event API as well.
>
> Please let me know if this would be useful/interesting.
>
> Regards
>
> Alexei
> [0]
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/47c4c103c026ad57887796d400c6ae6004fa8346346d8b4321ceceee@%3Cdev.aries.apache.org%3E