aries-dev mailing list archives

From Raymond Auge <raymond.a...@liferay.com>
Subject Re: [Discuss] Move the aries repo to git
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2019 15:07:58 GMT
On Fri, Feb 1, 2019 at 9:50 AM Christian Schneider <chris@die-schneider.net>
wrote:

> We discussed a while ago to move to git and actually have moved quite a few
> of the sub projects.
>
> There are some more projects we could move to individual repos as they are
> typcially released by subproject:
> - component-dsl
> - cdi

Yes please!

> So for these I propose we also create individual git repos.
>
> Apart from that the remaining projects are too diverse to release by
> subproject. Still I think moving to git might make sense there.
> So I wonder if we could simply move the rest of the aries repo to git and
> live with the small disadvantage that a tag always also tags unrelated
> files.

If we archive a bunch of unmaintained things the outlook would probably
appear much better.

I can take a shot at archiving some things over the weekend. How do you
propose I do that? Just delete the contents of the subproject in the repo?
Should I send a warning per subproject?

I can probably start sending queries out today?

- Ray

 (@rotty3000)
 (@Liferay)