aries-dev mailing list archives

From Bob Paulin <...@bobpaulin.com>
Subject Enable an ESA file as a maven artifact attachment
Date Sun, 19 May 2019 19:43:23 GMT
Hi,

I am using the esa-maven-plugin for a project that currently creates an
OSGi bundle.  I found with some small modifications [1] to the plugin I
could add the esa as an attachment with dependencies while allowing the
existing bundle to be built and used by itself.  The ESA could then be
downloaded instead by applying a classifier.  Adding a flag would allow
this to be enabled for projects that want this behavior but disable
would not modify existing behavior.

     <plugin>
        <groupId>org.apache.aries</groupId>
        <artifactId>esa-maven-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>1.0.3-SNAPSHOT</version>
        <configuration>
          <attachEsa>true</attachEsa>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>

Is this something the community would be interested in integrating to
the main line?  I have a few different usecases that would benefit from
this addition.  I'd be happy to submit a PR like the one below with some
tests.  Thanks!

- Bob

[1]
https://github.com/bobpaulin/aries/commit/8e26e6da7b1bacdd3b0d21261dc7d56acd467ca0