aries-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: [Discuss] Remove Aries JAX-RS servlet on top level (by default)
Date Fri, 20 Sep 2019 07:35:18 GMT
I can not speak for other users of jax-rs but for me personally it was
rather annoying that the main page of my web server suddenly shows some
kind of advertisement for Aries JAX-RS. The page also does not really help
in getting your first jax-rs sevice up.

Of course better documentation allows to easily understand how to remove it
again, but it forces everyone to apply this configuration. No one will want
this information page on top level in their finished product.

How about instead of showing this page we offer a pre built example bundle
that can simply be installed to show the system is running. This would
leave the main jar ready for production use and still allow the user to
easily check jax-rs works in his environment. I am willing to create such
an example and document how to use it.

Christian

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de