arrow-dev mailing list archives

From Suvayu Ali <fatkasuvayu+li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CMake refactor Heads-up
Date Sun, 17 Mar 2019 10:35:15 GMT
On Sat, Mar 16, 2019 at 04:31:32PM +0100, Uwe L. Korn wrote:

> > 4. AFAIU, the pyarrow build expects the libraries in $CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX/lib.
 This will never be accepted by a distro.  I do realise this one is probably hard to resolve,
given how the builds are setup at the moment.

> This should be resolvable. One of the odeas of the recent refractor was to get rid of
so hard assumptions. We need to carry this on also on the Python side. Can you open a JIRA
with a link to the code that makes this assumption?

Done: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARROW-4930

Hopefully I didn't miss anything.

Cheers,

--