arrow-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Grove <andygrov...@gmail.com>
Subject Parquet test files with all data types
Date Sat, 16 Mar 2019 23:55:01 GMT
Hi,

The currently available Parquet files in the Arrow repository don't seem to
be sufficient for unit testing support for all date/time data types. For
example the "alltypes_plain.parquet" only has one time column and it uses
the deprecated INT96 encoding.

I guess I'm volunteering to try and create a Parquet test file that covers
all types needed, probably using the Java implementation since that would
be easiest for me. Before I do this though, am I missing something? It
seems odd that we don't already have this?

Thanks,

Andy.