asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Carey <dtab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Where to place meeting notes?
Date Sun, 17 May 2015 17:28:40 GMT
Agreed!  We don't want to dismantle our university project meetings -
but - we also do want to share what happens in that context with the
whole community.  No decisions will be made in those meetings - the dev
list will always be used to discuss stuff and to get consensus/decisions
made - but they do serve a useful purpose to keep progress being made
and accountability for those whose "day job" it is to be contributing on
a weekly basis. This would be like if Hortonworks or Cloudera published
notes from their internal meetings and shared them with the rest of the
Hadoop community - so it's actually intended as added openness rather
than closed-ness or inner circle-ness.  (We could decide to just not
share the notes, which is what probably goes on elsewhere - but we
thought it might be nice to be all the more open.)  Make sense?