asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Ian Maxon <ima...@uci.edu>
Subject Re: Test failure building Hyracks
Date Mon, 04 May 2015 17:14:37 GMT
Not sure whats going on either. The hyracks tests on master all pass in
Jenkins.

-Ian
Hi Murtadha,

I started from a completely new clone of the git repository.
It seems unlikely, that I have old files in there.

An interesting point is, that the ParseException in question is generated
by JavaCC.
But it seems that the generated-sources are correctly added in the POM … so
there’s nothing obviously wrong.

Installing without the tests worked well and I’m trying to see if the
installation with tests will work now.
But I’d really like to be sure, that the installation with tests work from
a clean repo.

Cheers,
Till

> On May 2, 2015, at 5:02 PM, Murtadha Hubail <hubailmor@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I just built Hyracks a couple of hours ago on Jenkins without any issues.
>
> This is a compilation problem that most likely cause by old referenced
files. Try "git gerrit update” then “mvn clean install -DskipTests”. If
that passes, then you can try building with the tests.
>
> -Murtadha
>
>
>> On May 2, 2015, at 4:49 PM, Till Westmann <tillw@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> And I see a similar problem in AsterixDB.
>>
>> Listening for transport dt_socket at address: 8000
>> Running edu.uci.ics.asterix.tools.test.AdmDataGenTest
>> Tests run: 2, Failures: 0, Errors: 2, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.076
sec <<< FAILURE! - in edu.uci.ics.asterix.tools.test.AdmDataGenTest
>> test[0](edu.uci.ics.asterix.tools.test.AdmDataGenTest)  Time elapsed:
0.014 sec  <<< ERROR!
>> java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problem:
>>      The method init() from the type AdmDataGen refers to the missing
type ParseException
>>
>>      at
edu.uci.ics.asterix.tools.test.AdmDataGenTest.test(AdmDataGenTest.java:126)
>>
>> test[1](edu.uci.ics.asterix.tools.test.AdmDataGenTest)  Time elapsed: 0
sec  <<< ERROR!
>> java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problem:
>>      The method init() from the type AdmDataGen refers to the missing
type ParseException
>>
>>      at
edu.uci.ics.asterix.tools.test.AdmDataGenTest.test(AdmDataGenTest.java:126)
>>
>>
>> Results :
>>
>> Tests in error:
>> AdmDataGenTest.test:126  Unresolved compilation problem:
>>      The method init() f...
>> AdmDataGenTest.test:126  Unresolved compilation problem:
>>      The method init() f...
>>
>> Tests run: 2, Failures: 0, Errors: 2, Skipped: 0
>>
>>> On May 2, 2015, at 4:46 PM, Till Westmann <tillw@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> trying to build Hyracks I ran into:
>>>
>>> -------------------------------------------------------
>>> T E S T S
>>> -------------------------------------------------------
>>> Listening for transport dt_socket at address: 8000
>>> Running edu.uci.ics.algebricks.examples.piglet.test.PigletTest
>>> Tests run: 2, Failures: 0, Errors: 2, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.026
sec <<< FAILURE! - in edu.uci.ics.algebricks.examples.piglet.test.PigletTest
>>> testPiglet(edu.uci.ics.algebricks.examples.piglet.test.PigletTestCase)
Time elapsed: 0.008 sec  <<< ERROR!
>>> java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problem:
>>>     The method parse(Reader) from the type PigletCompiler refers to the
missing type ParseException
>>>
>>>     at
edu.uci.ics.algebricks.examples.piglet.test.PigletTestCase.testPiglet(PigletTestCase.java:45)
>>>
>>> testPiglet(edu.uci.ics.algebricks.examples.piglet.test.PigletTestCase)
Time elapsed: 0 sec  <<< ERROR!
>>> java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problem:
>>>     The method parse(Reader) from the type PigletCompiler refers to the
missing type ParseException
>>>
>>>     at
edu.uci.ics.algebricks.examples.piglet.test.PigletTestCase.testPiglet(PigletTestCase.java:45)
>>>
>>>
>>> Results :
>>>
>>> Tests in error:
>>> PigletTestCase.testPiglet:45  Unresolved compilation problem:
>>>     The method par...
>>> PigletTestCase.testPiglet:45  Unresolved compilation problem:
>>>     The method par...
>>>
>>> Tests run: 2, Failures: 0, Errors: 2, Skipped: 0
>>>
>>> Is this a  problem for anybody else as well?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Till
>>
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message