asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Maxon <ima...@uci.edu>
Subject Dockerized build slaves
Date Wed, 06 May 2015 20:08:43 GMT
Hi all,
The Jenkins builds triggered for verification in Gerrit are now using
per-build docker containers. What this means is that now the environment
for each build should most definitely be clean and free of any stray
processes. This should finally put a stop to all of the port usage errors
that could be seen in builds when the last build hadn't exited cleanly.
Concurrent builds should also "just work".

If you need to get into the container to see why a build has stalled, that
might be a little trickier now, but should be doable nonetheless. Every
container runs sshd, and the jenkins user is able to log into the
container. So if you need this, just let me know and I'll look into giving
you access to the main host.

Please let me know if you experience any issues.

Thanks,
- Ian