asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Maxon <ima...@uci.edu>
Subject Re: Merging of AsterixDB and Hyracks repositories
Date Sun, 10 May 2015 17:52:43 GMT
The only reason this is an issue (IMO) is because of how we develop being a
poor fit with Maven's versioning system. If maven let us have finer grained
snapshot versions that arent necessarily linear, that would solve it. To my
knowledge though, that isn't possible. VXQuery and Pregelix don't have this
problem; they just rely on stable hyracks releases. That would be harder in
AsterixDB, or at least that's what the frequent use of the topic field to
link builds leads me to believe.

-Ian