asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Maxon <ima...@uci.edu>
Subject Merging of AsterixDB and Hyracks repositories
Date Fri, 08 May 2015 20:17:38 GMT
Hi all,
An idea was brought up today in the meeting (I believe by Yingyi) for
solving the issues we have right now with maven project interdependencies.
The idea is to just merge AsterixDB and Hyracks into one git repository,
and to have them as separate maven projects with a top level pom joining
them. We actually have part of this implemented already (in the tlp/ folder
a pom.xml exists for this). Doing this change would eliminate the necessity
of the topic field hack in Gerrit, as well as ensure changes in Hyracks
don't break AsterixDB.

I went ahead and made a branch that has this change implemented, please
take a look at
https://github.com/parshimers/incubator-asterixdb/tree/imaxon/hyracks-merge
to get an idea of what's proposed. I merged the Hyracks repository into a
subtree of the asterix repository- so all of the commit history is merged
properly. I think we would want to not commit this change through Gerrit,
because if we did all of the Hyracks commit history would not be included,
which would be unfortunate.

- Ian