asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From "Till Westmann" <ti...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Support GeoJSON in AsterixDB
Date Tue, 13 Jun 2017 20:14:51 GMT
Hi,

I’m sorry for the late comment on this. I think that we should not directly
parse GeoJSON into WKB initially. As GeoJSON is valid JSON we’d need to
a) determine if it’s GeoJSON every time we parse some JSON and
b) do this independent of the users intention (maybe it’s just some JSON
   that gets returned and never stored or processed).
So I think that we should have a user action (e.g. a constructor function)
that clearly documents the users intention.

Cheers,
Till