asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Blow <mblow.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: PLEASE READ: Automatic formatting of sources
Date Mon, 29 Jan 2018 15:28:22 GMT
Indeed it is a brute-force solution to the problem; while we pay a one time
cost to baseline the codebase as formatted, this eliminates the constant
extraneous (formatting) diffs when reviewing patches on gerrit as we make
incremental (and often reverse) progress.  To ensure we don't deviate from
the format, we have a Jenkins test which will block the patch in case of
noncompliant code.