asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From sandraskarshaug@gmail.com <sandraskarsh...@gmail.com>
Subject Derived types in Java UDF?
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2019 09:20:11 GMT
Hi,

I have a Java UDF, with input being a record containing an id as well as some text. The UDF
outputs a record of type RelevantTweetType, by setting three additional fields, with one of
them being an array of TermFrequencyType objects (see type below). Calling result.setField("termFrequencies",
x) with the second parameter x being a JRecord[] results in an error, of course, since it
is not an instance of type IJObject. I was wondering if it is possible to set an array of
a datatype (TermFrequencyType) as a record field in a Java UDF, and if so, how? Or are the
record fields limited to being primitive types when set in a Java UDF?

CREATE TYPE RelevantTweetType AS CLOSED {
  id: int32,
  text: string,
  threadid: int32,
  relevant: boolean,
  termsFrequencies: [TermFrequencyType]
};

CREATE TYPE TermFrequencyType AS CLOSED {
  term: string,
  frequency: int32
};

Thanks in advance,