From Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Charter.txt
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2002 16:12:23 GMT
Berin Loritsch wrote:

> Steve, your fears are duly noted.  Keep in mind that it is the PMC that
> must be unanimous--not the general committer populus.
>
> I am sure that people who have a proven track record of being able to
> work with others can come to agreement.  I am also sure that unanimous
> has to work any time there is a legal issue at stake.  Remember PMC
> does not make technical decisions so there is unlikely to be an undue
> amount of blocking--and never for frivolent reasons.
>
> PMC is responsible to oversee the legal aspects of this community.

Two points:

1) If a PMC gets to the point of being deadlocked to the point where it
is no longer functional, it will simply be disolved.  Conceivably, at
that point, proposals for a new PMC may be entertained by the board.

2) Code commits, arguably the most technical aspect of *any* project,
are to be done in accordance to a "consensus based development process".

- Sam Ruby