From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [STATUS] (avalon) $Date: 2002/12/04 18:22:58 $
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2002 18:37:54 GMT

Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> APACHE AVALON PROJECT STATUS:                    -*-indented-text-*-
> Last modified at [$Date: 2002/12/04 18:22:58 $]
[...]

I've collected current votes and this seems to be the result so far:

> Pending issues:
[...]
>     o Creation of an "avalon" CVS repository for new Avalon5
>       codebase
>       +1: nicolaken, mcconnell
>       +0: cziegeler
>       -0: proyal
>       -1: leosimons, leif
>
>     o Mark sandbox code clearly as being sandbox code.
>       To do this we could require that components in this place are
>       put in the package org.apache.avalon.sandbox.X
>       This will make it very clear to users what the status of code
>       is and thus they won't be misled into thinking that it is
>       anything it is not.
>       +1: proyal, leosimons,
>       +0:
>       -0:
>       -1: mcconnell, leosutic, nicolaken, bloritsch
>
>     o One of the problems that has plagued Avalon is the result
>       of one-man codebases. I propose we remove almost all of these
>       withing the next month. They can be moved to jakarta-commons,
>       the incubator or to sourceforge as the developer wishes.
>
>       [ no votes yet.
>         we need to vote on effective codebases one by one ]

I would really appreciate if voters could add their names to the CVS
file directly, under the item they are voting on, at least now that many
votes are being done, it would greatly simplify the chore and most
important reduce errors in the counting.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -