From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Charter.txt
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2002 16:34:45 GMT
> And thereby grant the right to a single individual to block progress.
> That takes away the ability of the PMC to function.

Please see http://incubator.apache.org/drafts/voting.html and check with Sam
Ruby.  The draft document currently states: "votes on procedural issues
follow the common format of majority rule unless otherwise stated."  See
also ASF Bylaw 5.8: Quorum and Voting.  If that rule applies to the ASF
Board, why should the PMC voting policy be any different?

I reiterate my earlier suggestion that the PMC Charter draw upon and
incorporate by reference existing ASF policy documents.

	--- Noel