axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Sanjiva Weerawarana" <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: Problems with latest CVS Code and WSDL2Ws
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2004 16:41:28 GMT
"Susantha Kumara" <susantha@opensource.lk> writes:

> > Why the part name of a message must be named "parameters" in doc/lit
> > style ? WS-I recommendation ?
>
> I removed this restriction too. I am not sure about WS-I recommendations.
> But the WSDLs that I have contain name="parameters" always.

This was an *ugly* Microsoft hack that the Axis/Java guys decided
to support (much to my chagrin) .. I'm glad to see it go away
and to allow the user to control whether to unwrap the outermost
element in a doc/lit WSDL. (Yes MSFT had a hack which woudl auto-
unwrap if the part was named "parameters". Yuck.)

Sanjiva.