axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Sanjiva Weerawarana" <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: request for info on axis c++
Date Wed, 10 Mar 2004 04:05:53 GMT
Hi Istvan,

> we are looking for a complete C++ environment (client/server libraries + =
> code generator) for SOAP based projects. I'm still not very familiar =
> with Axis C++, but after reading the documentations, I've found that two =
> features seems to be missing from Axis C++ that would be crucial for us:
> - Standalone services (without webserver)

There is a standalone server but we haven't been focusing on it much
because there wasn't much interest (except for debugging). Can you
folks help with it?

> - Port to SymbianOS

Not done because of no access to SymbianOS. As always patches will
be greatly appreciated ..

> Do you have plans to support these features in the near future? If not, =
> how much efforts you think their implementation would require from a =
> third party?

As I said the first one exists already in a working form. (Roshan, can
you commment on its status please?)

I have zero knowledge of SymbianOS .. is it POSIX compliant?? If so it
should be relatively easy (or it *must* be relatively easy and we need
to improve the codebase until it is!). Do you need the dynamic loadable
handler stuff? If not that'll make things easier too.

Sanjiva.