axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Yves Baudy <jy.ba...@free.fr>
Subject RE: Generating wrapped doc/lit style code by WSDL2Ws tool
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2004 10:05:10 GMT
Susantha,

Thanks for applying patches. About array in input/output method this is
the problem I have and I solved it in WSDL2Ws.

There is one thing that make me  perplex about simpleType. In your
sample you have simpleTypes. The actual implementation of simpleType for
document/literal style is wrong for me (need to be confirmed).

With the current implementation the following schema declaration :

           <s:element name="aThing" type="s0:aThing" final="restriction"/>
            <s:simpleType name="aThing">
                <s:restriction base="s:string">
                    <s:maxLength value="255"/>
                </s:restriction>
             </s:simpleType>
..

Will produce the SOAP request ;

	<value>aThing Test</value>

But I think that for simpleType in doc/lit the value tag must be
omitted. All the simpleTypes should be serialized and deserialazed as
sort of PCDATA. If true the runtime will need some extra API such as
GetAsPcData(..) and GetPcDataAsString|Int...(...).

I modified the WSDL2Ws to go in this way. But I will prefer to extend
the runtime API.

Regards,

Jean-Yves