axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Lilantha Darshana <ldarsh...@edocs.com>
Subject RE: Work items for the next Release
Date Mon, 22 Mar 2004 05:25:50 GMT
further I would vote for adding a JCA - resource connector to
access AXIS C++ -- so that lots of today's enterprise deployments can
take advantage of it when trying to access legacy codes/libs.

regards
-Lilantha

-----Original Message-----
From: Lilantha Darshana [mailto:ldarshana@edocs.com]
Sent: Monday, March 22, 2004 12:21 AM
To: 'Apache AXIS C Developers List'
Subject: RE: Work items for the next Release

All,

In general I would suggest following for next release:

>1).Source Restructuring
>- Include files should be restructured in the CVS folder hiarachy to keep
>include files that goes with binary distribution  seperately. Then CVS
>folder /c/include will contain only the include files that goes with binary
>distribution and all  other include files are moved to the respective
/c/src
>folder.

Let all the header files stay in their respective folders with their .cpp
files. When the library is build the build scripts (Makefile etc.) will take

care of copying only the required header files to the c/include folder.
So that binary distribution (tar ball) will contain the library with only
the required header file in the c/include.

>2) Writing critical failures to error logs.

I would vote for Log4c so that you can direct your output anywhere you want
and
only configured logs will be captured.

regards
-Lilantha