axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Yves Baudy <jy.ba...@free.fr>
Subject Xerces 2.2.0 and empty tag
Date Wed, 07 Apr 2004 22:30:03 GMT
Hi all,

Expat and Xerces don't threat the empty tag in the same way. Example :

	<type1 attribute="value" />
	<type2 attribute="value">Test</type2>

Expat "add" itself the end tag to empty tags. So when Expat is on tag
type1 parser->Next() will give tag type1 (the end tag added by Expat).

Xerces didn't add anything. So when Xerces is on tag type1 paser->Next()
will give tag type2 and the whole deserializing process will failed as
Axis runtime is based on Expat policy.

This problem will not happens with Axis C/C++ supported servers as you
develop client and server side and the server never return empty tags
(<type1 attribute="value"></type1> is returned).

But for external servers (which I used) empty tags are returned. So I
can't used current implementation of Xerces. Having a fix for this is
very important as Expat is not hosted by apache.

Thanks for your help,

Regards,

Jean-Yves