axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Susantha Kumara" <susan...@opensource.lk>
Subject xsd:any support in Axis C++
Date Tue, 18 May 2004 04:42:39 GMT
Hi all,

I expect to work on implementing support for xsd:any in Axis C++. I had
a look at how other WS implementations (.net, Axis Java, wasp) do this.
Most of them passes a DOM tree kind of object in to the skeleton (to web
service method) or returns to the client application. If we take the
server side anyone writing a web service will have to browse through the
DOM tree kind of an object and extract the information. Why do people
use this way ?. I mean passing a DOM tree kind of object ?.

I see that we can have 2 other ways to do this.
1. Pass an object (interface) which contains set of functions that can
be called to get the information contained in SOAP message.
2. SOAP engine might be able to instantiate and populate the exact
runtime object and pass it directly to the skeletons (contained in a
generic structure).

Please give me your views/ideas so that I proceed in the correct way.

Thanks,
---
Susantha Kumara
Virtusa (pvt) Ltd.