axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Susantha Kumara" <susan...@opensource.lk>
Subject RE: xsd__string != string
Date Tue, 18 May 2004 04:42:39 GMT
Hi Elrod,

Susantha Kumara
Virtusa (pvt) Ltd.
Office : +94112714385
Mobile : +94777420453

Oh! Sorry I did not have time to apply those patches because of 1.1
release work and some architecture changes after that (still working
on). When applying patches to Axis code (specially to WSDL2Ws tool) a
lot of time is needed for testing. But if we have a good automated test
suite we will save lot of our time. I heard some are working on this and
hope we get it soon.

BTW what does WS-I say about having names that has periods ?. ex:
      <xsd:complexType name="Vindicia.Soap.Transaction.Item">

> Anyway - why is the definition of xsd__string char* and not c++
string?

As you know Axis C++ can be used with either C or C++. Also Axis Engine
needs to create and delete objects. So if we map xml string type to stl
string we cannot support C clients and services.

> Looks like a huge memory leak is created for complex types. When my
> complex type is deleted  none of the char* will be deleted.

WSDL2Ws tool generates the destructors for complex types that deletes
its char* members for C++ classes. But for C code the user should take
care of manually freeing the char* variables.

Thanks,

Susantha