axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa_abeysin...@yahoo.com>
Subject Extending the current code and copy constructors
Date Tue, 25 May 2004 08:49:03 GMT
Hi All,
    As I mentioned earlier, I am in the process of developing a Stub class on top of which
I could
set transport properties and SOAP headers.
    Unfortunately I have run into unexpected difficulties due to the fact that some classes
do not
have copy constructors.

     As an example, if I try to crate a set of Header Blocks and try to reapply the same set
of
headers to subsequent calls, only the first call succeds and the client segfaults after that.
The
reason is that when I pass the pointer of HeaderBlock to SoapSerializer, it owns the pointer
and
deletes it. But I do want to keep my copy as I want to apply the same header to all calls.
     If I were to have copy constructors that does a deep copy of the objects, I could have
solved
the problem by passing a copy.

     Please make sure you write copy constructors for the classes that you create in the future,
so that the code could be made extensible with minimal effort in the future.
Thaka,
Samisa...