axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Fremantle <...@hursley.ibm.com>
Subject Re: xsd:any support in Axis C++
Date Wed, 19 May 2004 13:16:34 GMT
Susantha

The advantages of a DOM is its easy and standard. DOM is not the most
efficient object. But writing a generic object that supports XML
structures isnt that easy. IBM has one in Java
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/j-commonj-sdowmt/ but I
think DOM would be a good first step in C++.

The other benefit, is this capability is mainly used when SOAP is being
used as a transport for existing XML documents, so DOM is a good
programming model for these users.

Paul