axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From John Hawkins <HAWKI...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Ability to add custom headers to SOAP messeges, through the stub
Date Fri, 21 May 2004 08:18:40 GMT

Hi Roshan,

could you get back to me please?

It's really hard for me to get an idea of what the final interface is going
to be if we keep talking about methods and not Objects.

thankyou very much,
John.

             John
             Hawkins/UK/IBM@IB
             MGB                                                        To
                                       "Apache AXIS C Developers List"
                                                                        cc

              "Apache AXIS C           Re: Ability to add custom headers
             Developers List"          to SOAP messeges, through the  stub

Let me get this straight:

Today I can write a client who can add things to the SOAP header?

You are proposing adding a method which does not involve a handler? This
method being the one below: setSoapHeader (SoapHeader*
pSoapHeader).

Which Object is this on? The Call object?

John

             Roshan
             Weerasuriya
             <roshan@opensourc                                          To
             e.lk>                     "Apache AXIS C Developers List"
                                       <axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org>
             20/05/2004 06:47                                           cc

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         Ability to add custom headers to
              "Apache AXIS C           SOAP messeges, through the  stub
             Developers List"

Hi all,

I am planing to work on "lProviding an API at the client stub to simply add

headers to SOAP messege". Currently there is a mechanism in Axis C++ to add

SOAP Headers through Handlers written by the user, i.e writing and
configuring a Handler to add SOAP Headers. One possible way of doing this
is that:
Provide a function at stub level such as setSoapHeader (SoapHeader*
pSoapHeader).

I would appreciate any of your ideas/comments on this matter.

rgds,
Roshan