axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa_abeysin...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: [FYI] Moving non-API header files from c/include/axis to c/src
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2004 01:42:32 GMT
--- Susantha Kumara <susantha@opensource.lk> wrote:

> [...]

It is no harm to open up specific exceptions. In case the user wants to rethrow etc. Also,
in
future, may be new features specific to each exception be added. I see no specific advantage
of
closing these exceptions from user.

> SOAPTransport.h is a developer API that a transport developer should
> use. It is not a user API. I mean it is not needed you to develop a
> client or web service.
>
> Also the XMLParser.h is moved to c/src folder.

Yes it is not an end user header, however, it is part of the API exposed to outside.
The user/developer boundry is minimal when it comes to developing a new paser/trasport module,
as
they are independent of the SOAP engine.
May be users want their own paser/trasport in which case they need these APIs.
Having them as part of API would make life easy to locate them. To minimize confusions on
the part
of users/developers on what headers make sense to them, a pice of documentation would help.