axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Amila Rathnayake" <ami...@opensource.lk>
Subject RE: Problems with WS-Transaction WSDLs and WSDL2Ws
Date Tue, 10 Aug 2004 04:59:29 GMT
Hi Dirk,

According to your previous mail and the bug reported in Jira
(http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/AXISCPP-96), it has mentioned that
the problem seems to be in the line

this.typeMap.removeType(qname);

in the method of ;

WSDL2Ws::getServiceInfo

and also that you are using Axis C++ 1.1.1

Yes, you are correct and there is a problem in that line in Axis C++
1.1.1.

When we use a wsdl in wrapped style, then there may be places where it
has defined non-named complex types but actual definition of that type
is also there in side of that complex type and it is actually a simple
type. So in this case we don't need to generate separate type for that
complex type and have to remove that from the TypeMap. Therefore to
cater this scenario it has inserted that line in the earlier versions of
Axis. Here is an example for that case;

<types>
    <xsd:schema targetNamespace="http://www.sample.org/" >
        <xsd:element name="countWords">
            <xsd:complexType>
                <xsd:sequence>
                    <xsd:element name="words" type="xsd:string" />
                </xsd:sequence>
            </xsd:complexType>
        </xsd:element>
    </xsd:schema>
</types>

But there are some wsdl's that has given a name for that inner complex
type and will refer that complex type from other places in that wsdl by
its name. Then if we remove the type created for that complex type from
the TypeMap then it will cause other problems. So that removing of that
complex type from the type map is not a good idea. So, that line has
been commented out in the releases after 1.1.1 and it has done the
refinement in Type::setTypeNameForElementName().

You should not get this problem, if you use Axis C++ 1.2 Alpha or later.

Thanks,
Amila.