axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From John Hawkins <HAWKI...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Implementation of SOAPTransport interface using LibWWW for client
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2004 08:23:38 GMT

I agree with  all your points :-) Not sure about the licencing but you're
right - it can be got around.

John Hawkins

             Samisa Abeysinghe
             <samisa_abeysingh
                                       Apache AXIS C Developers List
                                                                        cc

              "Apache AXIS C           Re: Implementation of SOAPTransport
             Developers List"          interface using LibWWW for
                                       client

Hi All,
   Few thoughts.
   Copying LibWWW headers into cvs head would have licencing issues. Or
would it not?
   With transport abtraction layer the idea is to let the users select
between transports. Hence I
do not think it is a good idea to ship the headers for different trasport
implementations with
Axis C++ source.

   Given a perticular transport, it is a good idea to stick to a given
version of third party
libs.

   We could keep the headers(libs) where ever they are, without copying,
and use '-I' ('-L')
compiler options.
   On Linux, need to copy headers is eliminated this way. I think for
windows the same could be
done.
Thanks,
Samisa...

--- John Hawkins <HAWKINSJ@uk.ibm.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Hmm, we are talking about build here right - so where does install come
> into it? Oh, I think I see - we seem to be mixing up build and install.
> They are very different things for most "production" users - I'll try to
be
> explicit when I discuss these things.
>
> Re building axis libwww support - For things like the header files being
> placed in src/transport/libwww etc. - can't we just put those header
files
> into our build in that directory permanently? I assume we would only like
> to support a particular version of libwww at any one time (given libwww
is
> very stable and header files don't change much)
>
> The lib files are more problematic of course, we could take the viewpoint
> that we are only supporting a particular version? It would be much easier
> to build that way but it means we would have to have a copy of the libwww
> libs created once and then updated (although libwww in this case hasn't
> changed in a long time).
>
> cheers,
> John.
>

>              damitha kumarage

>              <damitha@opensour

>              ce.lk>
>                                        Apache AXIS C Developers List

>              29/07/2004 12:40          <axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org>

cc

>              Please respond to
Subject
>               "Apache AXIS C           Re: Implementation of
SOAPTransport
>              Developers List"          interface using LibWWW for

>                                        client

> Hi Lahiru,
>
> This seems to be a very exhaustive list compared to the linux libwww
> guide sent by Samisa(see further below).
> I think lot of people are interested on an easier Windows build as well.
> Can't we use a good opensource installer program to have a simpler Axis
> C++ installation on Windows?
>
> thanks
> damitha
>
> On Thu, 2004-07-29 at 17:12, lahiru@opensource.lk wrote:
> > For Windows
> >
> > 1.Install libwww.
> > 2.Copy the source header files in libwww which are in library/src to
the
> > c/src/transport/libwww.
> > 3.copy the external header files in libwww which are in
library/external
> > to c/include/libwww.
> > 4.copy the library files which are created while building the libwww to
>
> > c/lib/libwww
> > 5.Copy the gnu_regx.dll to path from libwww.
> > 6.Build the AxisTransportLibwww VC project.
> > 7.Copy the generated AxisTransport.dll to path
> > 8.then run the samples.
> >
> > I included these informations to the readme file and diff is attached.
> >

> > Lahiru Wimalasiri
> >

> > > For Linux, I have explained this in the readme.txt in
> > > src/transport/libwww/readme.txt
> > >
> > > Simply what you have to do is
> > > 1. install LibWWW,
> > > 2. build Axis C++ with libWWW support and
> > > 3. set
> > > Transport_http:[AXISCPP_DEPLOY]/lib/libaxis_LibWWWTransport.so
> > > in axiscpp.conf.
> > >
> > > Samisa...