axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Perry2 <PERR...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Default WSDL endpoint in generated stubs
Date Thu, 19 Aug 2004 09:07:44 GMT

At present the endpoint URI from the WSDL is written out as a quoted string
in the WSDL2Ws generated client stub, and this is written out more than
once. I feel it would be better to create a #define in the generated stub
header file and use this #define in the generated stub.

Creating this #define would also allow the client program access to it
which would allow a quick and easy method of getting the WSDL endpoint URI.
This is especially useful for testing as usually only the server and/or
port elements of the URI need to be changed for testing and this can be
easily done if the default is available.

I have created patch files for the ClientStubWriter and
ClientStubHeaderWriter source.

Let me know if you think it is a good idea and we can get the changes
committed.

Patch files.

(See attached file: ClientStubWriter.java.cpp.patch)(See attached file:
ClientStubHeaderWriter.java.c.literal.patch)(See attached file:
ClientStubHeaderWriter.java.c.patch)(See attached file:
ClientStubHeaderWriter.java.cpp.literal.patch)(See attached file:
ClientStubHeaderWriter.java.cpp.patch)(See attached file:
ClientStubWriter.java.c.literal.patch)
(See attached file: ClientStubWriter.java.c.patch)(See attached file:
ClientStubWriter.java.cpp.literal.patch)

Regards

Andrew Perry
Clients for Web Service Stack
perryan@uk.ibm.com
Mail Point 127
IBM UK Laboratories. Hursley Park, Winchester, Hants. SO21 2JN
Tel. Internal 249828  External + 44 (0)1962 819828
Fax. + 44(0)1962 818080